Wow. What an incredible audience. The 1.5.13 concert at the Barns in Berryville was a blast! We absolutely adore playing for you guys. We played the concert in memory of Mikey’s brother Frank.
Thanks to you, we sold out the venue (165 tickets in advance, 210 tickets sold plus guestlist attendees = 230 people or so). It was standing room only in the back of the hall. You guys purchased 60 CDs too, which will help us break even on the project. If you didn’t pick up your copy at the show, please buy one now!
The Bitter Liberals set list for 1.5.13 at the Barns of Rose Hill
- TMA Cool (kitselman)
- Half Moon Sky (hansbarger)
- Laura Lou (kitselman)
- Time we Wasted (hansbarger)
- Fall of the Rice Kingdom (hansbarger)
- A Man Needs a Home (hansbarger)
- 13 Years (kitselman)
- 100 Cigarettes (hansbarger)
- A Night Like This (hansbarger)
- Save Your Life (kitselman)
- When the Night Will Let Me (hansbarger)
- Rock and Roll (hansbarger)
- Drink (kitselman)
- Remodee (hansbarger)
- The Road to Gettysburg (hansbarger)
- Two Soldiers (traditional)
- More Than This (roxy music)
- Bright Penny (hansbarger)
- Rusting Bridges (kitselman)
- When We Let Go (kitsleman)
- Rooster (kitselman/bradley)
Astute observers and big fans will note that the first set was a live performance of all thirteen songs from 13 in order. It was a long set, but a great joy to play the songs from the CD live.
Julie Kerby helped Chip Schutte introduce the band. She declared our music “sensitive big-boy music.” That seems about right to us!
Photography by Michael Hobert.
Here is some video captured by Michael Hobert. You might have noticed a professional film person sneaking around as well. Hopefully we can get some of those hidef bits up soon too!